Writer, Bookworm, Music Freak, Linguaphille, Forthright, Witty, Introvert, Loves Literature, Traveler, Football, Fiction Addict, Funny, Counter Strike, Gaming, Friends, Hang-outs, Contemplates, Lionel Messi, Roger Federer, Cartoons.





Transition- From College Benches to Corporate Cubicles!

Saturday, September 29, 2012

It has been a little over a month that I am in to the corporate world and I couldn’t be any happier. Moreover working for the largest game publishing company- Electronic Arts is what that serves as the icing on the cake!

  
Well, life at Electronic Arts is something that one would want to savor at least once in a lifetime. Walking down the corridors with game posters all over the walls, working on games all day, discussing the games in the plush air-conditioned conference rooms with the managers, getting yourself photographed right in front of the legendary Battlefield poster (with the protagonist with the rifle and the left upper body up in flames and he, marching down with the pride oozing) and more importantly getting paid for all the above!

The word ‘Manager’ has a scary and mean ring to it in the corporate worlds’ glossary. And, I have heard people talking about their manager ripping their ass all the time. But, my Manager and the Team Leads are the coolest people I’ve ever met, mingling with the rest of the team and leading it (team) with sheer aplomb is what that makes them just one of us despite their seniority. With colleagues and the managers responding to our plethora of small yet preposterous queries at all times makes my work place even better.

 Walking down the corridors with a hot Cappuccino filled cup in hand and chatting up with colleagues, checking out pretty chicks in the cafeteria, planning what movies to watch the coming Friday and Saturday and Sunday! (Semi-Colon Parenthesis) – I told myself Welcome to the Corporate Arena.


I have heard people talk about their first salary and boasting about it, well I have got mine now and I couldn’t be any happier. The moment the mail pops up “Your Salary has been Credited” one starts beaming beatifically and, I have been beaming ever since I got mine! It is hard earned after all. :P


I have seen people having many myths about the way life twirls in a corporate world but, the way I see it, the myths seem to be busting. “You’ll be glued to the computer all the time, and you’ll be drained all out by the end of the day”, is what one of my not-so-happy friends advised me. People in India have the propensity to adhere to the myths laid down by their predecessors, and also take them to their grave- while doing so they realize that they have been in the wrong place the whole time; by the time they come to their senses their life seems to be taking an abysmal leap!

The moment you savor what you doing regardless of the outcome is the moment you start loving your job, not when you keep dreading about the consequences.

It has been only a month and I have made many a conclusions, and I believe I have drawn many of them accurately. Looking forward to the delightful future at EA!!


Adios!





17 comments:

murali said...

Makes me even more excited awaiting my joining :) and now that u have first salary, wherz the party!! ?: :P

Past,Present and Future...!!! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunaina Patnaik said...

Haha! Awesome! I can so relate with this post.
But I don't think I have transformed much. I still need loads of time to get out of the so-called collegian mood. And umm..may be that's why I get caught doing silly stuff. But that's so much fun too. :D

The first salary! I call it the kicker. Sadly I spent it in 3-4 days.
*Facepalm*

Aditya Kasibhatla said...

:D
Will party for sure! Tum sabki bhi aa jaye, Grand Party fir! :D

Aditya Kasibhatla said...

You should write yours too! And, I insist you do that!

I go out of the collegian mood the moment I stepped out of it with my degree in hand! :P

Aur, haan You spending your salary in 3-4 days was bound to happen, I wonder how a shopaholic like you took 3-4 days- That's too much time! :P ;)

murali said...

jaroor!! tab to Goa chalenge!! :P

Pruthvijith said...

Awesome!
All the best for your future Aditya!

Aditya Kasibhatla said...

Thank You bey! :P

Aditya Kasibhatla said...

hau jaroor! ;)

Sunaina Patnaik said...

No way. I am not supposed to blog anything related to the office. :| Yeah, even the good things.

And to talk about shopping, my parents didn't let me spend much. So, yeah! :D

Aditya said...

That's sad! :/

Haha! :D

Anonymous said...

Good.All the best for your future endeavors

Aditya said...

Thank you! :D

Rohith Samudrala said...

Congrats man! Its so refreshing to hear someone talk abt corporate world with such positive sense, makes me look forward to the time i step into that magical world.
Very well written bey adi.
cheers.

Aditya Kasibhatla said...

Thank You Bhai!

It all depends on the perceptions one makes about the corporate world, the way I see it it is fun! :D

Thank you!

K Pranav Kumar said...

I cant totally relate myself to the things told here.. (still a college kid and will be one for a couple of years most probably :D) but I believe, and sometimes try to follow, the essence of the story. You can 'live' if you wish to irrespective of how the life is! :)

As I always say, "Life is difficult but living is fun!". :)

And, as usual.. Phodaaaa! :P

Aditya said...

Well said harami! :D

Aur, haan Thank you! :)

Post a Comment