Writer, Bookworm, Music Freak, Linguaphille, Forthright, Witty, Introvert, Loves Literature, Traveler, Football, Fiction Addict, Funny, Counter Strike, Gaming, Friends, Hang-outs, Contemplates, Lionel Messi, Roger Federer, Cartoons.





Taking No for an Answer!

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Denying someone something often comes at an awful price, but what if that is the only choice people were left out with or say intend to prefer. Pursuing someone has got its own limitations, one does not deny you something for no reason except for women, call me a sexist, but that is okay they deserve a little more pursuing. I digress before I invite brickbats for this post.

I see people putting a proposal and then putting in all the efforts they could to make it work, well, that is not how it is supposed to happen now, is it? One has to understand and must make sure that when you put in a proposal your hearing organs have the tendency to decipher the letters “N and O”. How hard is it anyway? How long would you want us to navigate through our mind and come up with an excuse?

One might argue that we pursue because we care, and we would love you to be a part of it, agreed. But how about arguing about the thin line that separates “caring and possessing”? Having said that, I might sound curt, downright obstinate if you will but, you got to understand denial has been chosen and I am in pursuit of sticking to it, wouldn’t it be better if the realization arrived sooner? It definitely would. You will have to accept the denial with utmost suaveness with which you have put in the proposal, else you will have to lead a hard life later on.



It so happens that people wouldn’t comply when they are asked to, but they wish others to do so when they comes knocking. You see “birds of same feather flock together.” I do not wish to imply that idiom here fully but, just because you failed to comply does not mean I would too, I have my own reasons, and I would comply if I had the intention or the desire to, denying always is not my cup of tea anyway, nor is acceptance. 

It is a hard but true fact that the coin has 2 sides, flipping it and wishing for both sides is not cool. People often have the misconception that when one gives in, they all game for it, I beg to differ, they gave in just because giving in would put an end to the misery right there, regardless of whether they like it or not. And, you are in for a treat if you encounter people who have the knack of throwing in the pretense, and digressing later. 

The pretense often hurts more than the outright denial. You expect, hope and then reality strikes, it strikes hard. I have seen people become victims of the pretense over and over again; why not accept the denial in the first place? What pleasure would one derive from pursuing? Nothing, I reckon.

Albeit accepting denial always is hard, but what if you were supposed to? One has to understand they cannot have their way every time, some people give in, for all they know denying further would only elevate the ongoing misery. Not all have the tendency to satisfy everyone’s hunger, few tend to walk a different path, not just because they carry some kind of I-do not-give-a-damn attitude, it is just that they like to keep it to themselves and it is better if one realizes that soon.


0 comments:

Post a Comment